Friday, January 15, 2016

Hope in pain and suffering

I've heard this my whole life: "why does God allow pain and suffering?" It's a question we all struggle with. I think I've finally come to an answer: the Gospel is the only thing that gives pain and suffering any meaning. Without Jesus, all our pain and suffering is meaningless. It would just be a cruel, dark world with no hope. Jesus gives me hope. Jesus shares in my suffering. I am not alone in my struggle. Jesus has overcome and he will be there through my pain and suffering. I am grateful for a loving God who turns His face to me. Praise be to Him who has seen me in my pain and suffering.

As I am finishing writing this, I realize that this is also the psalmist's words in Psalm 116.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike I can really relate now with your post. Amen to that, we all have struggles but in every trial God prunes us to be the person that He wants us to be, keep writing, you are blessed by God :) May the Lord continue to uphold you day by day,

    Psalm 119: 71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. :)

    -Sjoyw7 from cdff


    ReplyDelete